– Exciting news, down payment assistance is now getting easier to get and if you’re a policeman, fireman, or teacher. I love teachers. Your down payment assistance is now not repayable under the Golden State Finance program updates.
-It’s easier because income limits are rising. In the past, it’s always been hard but now in Contra Costa and Alameda County, the income limit now is $208,000.
– So if you’ve spoken to a lender about down payment assistance in the past and they told you “no,” that you made too much money, check again. This program might work for you now.
- What if you aren’t a fireman, a teacher, or a police officer? Can you still get down payment assistance?
– Yes, the same grants are available so if you are one of those professions, you immediately don’t have to pay back any money if you were to sell the home. If you are not one of those professions, you just have to live in the house for three years and then you can move.
– The debt’s forgiven.
- What does my FICO score have to be in order to apply for this?
– Only a 640, it’s such a great opportunity for so many people.
– That is great, what does that mean? It’s a great time to buy while the interest rates are low, don’t get priced out of the market, and put off buying a home, now is your time.
And do me a favor, as always, make it a great home selling and buying day.